Sunday, November 18, 2012

Our first week

Today marks our first week at Journey. I am so blessed to be here. There is an amazing sense of community. I have met some amazing people and am excited to serve along the staff and volunteers here. I have been feeling a real sense of God moving here. I think he has some great plans to reach the people of Oklahoma through Journey. I think God has brought us here at the perfect time to see him work in unfathomable ways.

I have jumped right in since we got here a week ago. I have rehung the front wash, re-wired the dimmer rack, installed 14 LEDs that were in storage, built all new presets, reprogrammed everything on the console, cleaned backstage, plotted out our new gear plan, lit a comedy show, and even unpacked some at home. Tonight after service we are striking the current set. It's going to be a crazy next few months,but I am very excited.

I just got news today that our new lighting gear will probably arrive on Wednesday. Marty had the great idea of doing a set based on road cases showing the progress of what we are trying to accomplish. I am excited to see if we go through with that. Also, we have been talking about environmental projection and a huge christmas light show for Christmas. Until then, here are some pictures from this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment