Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Scaffolding! Version 2 - now with wings!

Firstly if you get the movie reference... You are awesome!  Secondly, this is our awesome set this January.  I know, I am a little behind.  It has been a crazy year so far.


In my move we had one very large set piece we brought with us from Florida.  That set piece is this collection of steel weighing in at over 1 ton. (my wife must love me)  About a third of it is in my pickup below.


The set is pretty straight forward.  We used the same scaffolding from: Battle of the Bands 2011 Encore.  This time rotated the scaffolding so that the side braces were visible.



By intertwining the scaffolding sets, it made a huge visual impact.  The cross beams overlapping made for a nice full interesting video shot.  The scaffolding reflects light awesome and looks very industrial.


We made some horizontal beams out of Unistrut and hung our Mac 101s from them.  At the ends of the unistrut we attached c clamps to hang off the scaffold frames.  The 101s were hung with a bolt through the Unistrtut.  The cool thing with this, is we could symmetrically hang the 101s by counting bolt holes, and they were easily adjustable.


During this setup I had an allergic reaction to some medicine I was on for a cold.  It got so bad I had to go to the doctor to get a shot.  It was misreable, but looked pretty funny.  I have red spoltches and was itching like a crazy!  Patrick Warrington, one of our awesome volunteers took up the charge though and hung most of the lighting on the set.  He did an awesome job.  I am so lucky to have him on our team!

Enjoy the pictures!







No comments:

Post a Comment